Sunday 22 February 2015

My Grandmothers Wedding Dress


My Nanny passed away three years ago and today my Mum had to clean out her house. She found my Nan's wedding dress which I had never seen before. I'm a lover of all things vintage but this being my Nans means more than anything to me. I being the only girl in the family was given the dress and allowed to do what I want with it. My Nan was a size 6 on her wedding day so there is no way I can fit into it (with the zip done up) so my Mum suggested I make a top or dress out of it. I think it is so beautiful to have something so special and something that was a big part of my Nan's life so I want to keep it as the wedding dress for now until I decide something special for it or maybe one day incorporate it into my own wedding dress.




No comments:

Post a Comment