Tuesday 14 July 2015

Summer Treats

 For me Summer is all about eating healthy and getting loads of vitamins (and also having loads of fun sure thats what Summers for). Usually if were lucky we get goodish weather and when we do you don't feel like big meals so I love nothing more than making salads, smoothies and any natural good food snacks. I thought I'd share with you guys some of the treats I've been making lately in this glorious heatwave.
 First up after becoming veterinarian I learn't about all the seeds and nuts that are full of protein and I've been snacking on them every since. Although it does look like a vase display this was in fact a really yummy and filling snack. I put some sunflower seeds, pumpkin seed and mixed fruit &nuts in a glass and could munch on them throughout the day (or five minutes depending on how hungry you are).

I reallllly love smoothies in the summer and what better way to  make use of the range of fruit that are out now. Smoothies are fool proof and once you add a liquid (some fruit juice) you can throw in as many different kinds of fruit as you like and they'll always work out. For this one I added Apples,bananas, oranges, plums, yogurt and cranberry juice.

3 comments:

  1. Last smoothie you made well let's say you had to drink mine 😂 have no doubt they are healthy but man 😱

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your just fussy used to your mum's banana cocktails not a mixture of fruit 😛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you talking about ma mamas go go juice it great and tastes awesome 😂

      Delete