Saturday 4 July 2015

Girl Power Ladies

Recently after spending hours doing my make up I'm not afraid to say I did look good.. gone was the 14 year old tomboyish look and helllloo was the me with a look that I feel comfortable with. Since leaving school as I've said before I have a new found confidence in myself that pushes me to dress the way I like (BoHo/rocker chic style) without first thinking the usual  'oh what will they think' 'I can't go out like this'. 'it's too much'.
The point behind this post is the reaction I got to a selfie I uploaded to Facebook when I had my make up and hair done. I do understand most people haven't seen me with make up before and obviously all the girls were being lovely but its the reaction from lads that has me wanting to make this post.
The look these days is all about perfect figures, glorious white teeth and even perfectly shaped eyebrows.. Yes society is starting to cop-on that not all girls are size 6 and healthy and more and more girls are embracing their natural beauty but there is still a overhanging certain look that girls have to achieve to look 'right'.
I am all for inner beauty and pushing all girls to feel confident in their own skin and be themselves.
So when I started getting messages from lads from school, or ones I haven't talked to in years suddenly showing an interest it made me think 'this is where were at now, girls have to dress up for lads to talk to them and get any sort of a reaction, this is the message they're getting out there, is it any wonder girls don't feel confident without perfect makeup.
I didn't appreciate the sudden 'interest' at all as it was false.. just like the eyelashes I was wearing. Me with makeup isn't the real me, there's a personality behind the number 620 lipstick and okay I can't brand all fellas with the same stick, there is guys out there who look for more than looks in a girl but this reaction has me feeling there is no hope in a future where girls will feel totally happy and confident in themselves. If anything this has made me want to not wear makeup ever again (although we all know I will, but for myself noone else) to prove to guys basically don't judge a book by its cover and don't think just because we look nice doesn't mean you can suddenly come back into our lives and talk to us like you've never left.
Okay I don't want to turn this into a rant and some kind of burning of our bras kind of movement but to any girl reading this I ask you to embrace your inner beauty, we all understand the joys of dealing with boys and their 'mixed messages' but for this one this picture perfectly sums up my feelings...

3 comments:

  1. Not wearing make up for guys hmm mhmmm? 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know i Only wear it on specially occasions when I like to look good, ya sometimes it's to make you feel proud to be with me but I know you don't just go for looks 😊

      Delete
    2. Special occasions being night clubs birthday parties I'm proud to be with you never mind when you makeup your self 😙

      Delete