Tuesday 11 April 2017

Flower Braid Hair

I'm all about being unique and unusual if that's what is you and when I got my side shave I finally felt like 'yup this is the real me'. I just love the BoHo look to the side shave and its uniqueness and after starting to grow it out I decided I would let it continue growing for awhile and see what my next hair adventure would be. Now anyone who has had a side shave or undercut knows how crazily annoying and difficult it is to grow out (picture puffy short hair in all directions on just one side of your head).


It has taken months to even be able to have some control over the hair that is growing out and I'm at the stage where I can start to sort it out into something a little less, well, "shit what happened to your head?".

Now I am no hair expert, that is more than safe to say, and have no skill with doing hair at all. But I have always wanted to be able to do little daily styles that are cute and just less, hair-sitting-on-head-looking-like-nothing, ya know? So I sat down and was determined to make my short growing back hair into little plaits kinda like cornrows (but nowhere near as good). I'll be honest, I don't even know how many times I tried this and how long it took me but I am somewhat happy with the result.

Not at all how I was imagining it to look, but hey not to bad right? 
So seeing the result let me start to see it as a Bohemian look and thought "hey haven't I got little hair flower things somewhere?" and behold another step to the amazing hair tutorial... 

Quite alright don't ya think? I was pretty chuffed with how it turned out and thought it was a cute little hairstyle showing my personality (and also hiding the dodgy side shave). 
Now I can tell you this, I am not able to recreate this look, this was a once off on the day I was actually able to make a hairstyle seem a bit more than like a 5 year old did it, but perhaps it might inspire some of the greats out there (let me know if it does because man I gotta see that).


No comments:

Post a Comment