Thursday 28 September 2017

Home Organizing


It's fair to say, when I get to organize, I'm a happy girl. 



 Possible the best thing about moving is unpacking (although most wouldn't agree) as you get to arrange and rearrange everything until it's 'just right'.
First thing I noticed when we were viewing the apartment was how other apartments had little mats outside the doors which I thought was quite cute as it makes it that little bit extra homely. I 'borrowed' this one from my mum to place outside our door. 





Starting with the kitchen my favorite section is this little corner where we have some food stored and recipe books.

I'm a little OTT when it comes to organizing and labeling but I mean when has a label ever not been useful?

I decided these cereal containers would be great to store pasta in as you can pour quite easily from them and they look quite interesting on the shelf as a statement.



I'm hoping to get back into my healthy cooking and stocked up on some supplies which I stored in containers very simply with the label on the front and instructions on how to cook them on the lid.
I had worryingly amounts of fun organizing these foods but was surprised when Rich joined in and started labeling too.



A super great idea that I would like to pretend is mind but is not, is using a clipped clothes hanger as a holder for a recipe book. It keeps the book of the counter and out of the while holding the page open for you and freeing your hands up to cook.
I have the book just open at random as a statement piece for the kitchen for now (will eventually get to cook) as I think it's a nice piece to have hanging up.





Along the countertop, I added a white cardboard box to keep our Veg in. We picked up this box along with about twenty others in the moving process and I just thought it would look nice to keep the veg on the counter and also having them air out and not be stuck in a cupboard (also we don't have any cupboard space so wasn't much choice).





One of my favorite little details is our 'fruit basket'. I was given this tiny little shopping basket and first thought of keeping makeup brushes in it but then thought it would look nice in the center of the kitchen table and now have it full up with apples.


Along with the fruit basket, I added in my Hogwarts class filled with mints. It was kind of a joke at first as Rich had a packet of mints and left them everywhere so I thought I would leave them out nicely on the table to be fancy homeowners with mints on the table for their guests. I didn't have any saucers or fancy plates so I used my HP glass as I won't be using it yet, (saving it for Freshers week and lots of wine).









On to the bedroom, and I was given this over the door hanger and thought it would be quite useful, turns out we had enough clothes storage and so I had the idea to hang my necklaces on it as it leaves them untangled and easily viewable so I can choose them without any bother (although them rattling when you move the door recks Richards' head, but hey that could be a bonus).








One of the things I'm most excited about is having my very first vanity table and organizing it. I've never been the biggest of girly girls but I do have the basics and like to keep them in good nick. I got the small storage unit years ago and have always kept my makeup in it, of course, organized separately into their sections. I've painted this many times but just as I was moving I decided for an elegant blue ombre and then the writing in dark letters. It didn't exactly turn out this way but its still nice. On top, I keep my pallets and beside it, I keep my brushes in an old flower pot, nicer than it sounds, its made from clay and has gorgeous tile pieces glued all around it, and also odd perfumes and bits. 


 



As we're only recently moved in, I may yet be doing more organizing as we settle in and see where things should be, I'll update you as we go. Have you any organizing tips or tricks that you found useful in your home or something totally unique like the little clothes hanger recipe book? Let me know in the Comments below <3

No comments:

Post a Comment