Friday 3 November 2017

Apartment Tour



I knew as soon as we moved in I wanted to do an Apartment Tour Post, to share our lovely little home as we made it our own and also to look back on in years to come at our very first home together. Our little apartment is on the top floor of a 5 story block and we're very lucky (minus all the stairs) of how it is placed so high as the ceilings are all high (needed for 6ft+ Richard) and spacious and were kind of tucked in up here, not as you would expect it.  Now we all know of room tour videos on Youtube (I actually did one back in the day) and they look amazing and more easily done but I'm gonna try fit all angles into photos.. leaving the messy corners out of view of course. 

I'll start from the very beginning, although I guess technically the very beginning is outside the front door but just inside the door is our hallway which I've really been destined to be a proper hallway where we take off our shoes and hang our coats.  One thing you will notice a lot in these photos is a number of mirrors, I think we counted about seven in the whole apartment, but they were hung before we got them were not actually being vain, and they do make the rooms seem bigger. Beside our mirror, I have a gorgeous little buddha I was given for good luck and some candles.



Off the hallway to the left is the kitchen/living room/ dining area. I do love this space, it may seem small to some but to us its cozy (once we keep it tidy). We're starting to spend a lot of time in here now doing computer work in the evenings or cooking dinner and it really is a busy little room. 




 The kitchen is possibly the most organized area as there isn't much actually storage space everything needs to have somewhere to fit. We won the lotto with our amazing Landlord as he had bought all brand new applicants for the kitchen and they do really make it look more modern.  A lot of what is in this area would be in some of my previous posts on the Homeware Haul and Home Organizing.






The Living Room/ Dining Room area, including Richard, is just off the kitchen. Again the redecorating aspect of this area is in a previous post but I haven't really shown the layout. We moved the armchair to be a sort of divide between the living room and dining area and make it a bit cozier along with the little coffee table.


 In the window space where the armchair was when we moved in, I've set up my study desk. I'm an organized person I think everyone knows that at this stage and I like to have a designated area to study and keep my college work.  I think I'm possibly one of the most relaxed students in the country with this little study area right beside a window for fresh air and fresh mint plant growing beside me, relaxing me. We only actually finally got the curtains hung up today and I had this lovely blue sash to tie it back with. Along with some nice photos and candles in the window the desk its self is pretty self-explanatory with college notes, folders and stationery. 



From the hallway to the right is the Bedroom.

The bed, of course, is the main thing here and is really the center of the whole room but as we are the top floor we have this statement windows which are quite nice little areas of the room too.
One little area I love has these small drawers and I immediately thought of it being a Book Nook, an area to sit back and read in while the daylight shines in on you. I've laid our spare blankets and pillows on top of the press to sit on (and also have nowhere else for them) and I think it's just a cute little seating area looking out over the busy town.

Across from the bed, I hung some little decorations on the wall just to brighten it up a bit and it makes it a bit more of a statement wall, also in the corner is Rich's guitar (yet to learn how to actually play it). 



By the other window is another set of drawers which I use as my vanity table and the window ledge as our bookshelf for now as its the biggest window ledge that books can fit in. The view from this window isn't as great but it does bring in great light (gosh sounding like a right old one now).


Of course, we also need a wardrobe, which is by the door followed by another mirror which is great for full-length, seeing that outfit you just tried on, and we keep some spare shoes on top. 


Next up is the adorable bathroom which I really love as its perfect size for both of us and actually has a bath which is amazing for after stressful college days. If you're wondering about the picture, it was in the living room but we had our Family picture to hang up there so we found this screw in the bathroom and put it there as a joke, but it actually makes it look quite fancy. 


The apartment was kind of laid out like a showroom when we moved in and there was all of these drawers, laundry baskets and even little soaps laid around so it was handy for us not needing to get very much and also having the place looking really nice. I really like the storage unit in the bathroom as it's handy to keep towels (not very tidily in the photo) and also use the top as you need it, I usually place candles along it when I'm having a bath. 
So that's our little home, what do you think? I really love it here, it suits us both so well and were really lucky to have gotten such a nice place for our first ever home without our parents. 



No comments:

Post a Comment