Wednesday 6 May 2015

Foster Puppy: Penelope


This has got to be the best start to the week.. On my way up to the animal center to volunteer I was asked would I be able to foster a puppy for awhile as they are really struggling for space, now I don't think there's anyone who would turn down a puppy and especially when you see her.

I squealed with excitement at her sheer cuteness when I seen her. She is a 7-8 week old Staffie pup, there not quite sure yet but thats our guess.
After a long day of work I finally got to bring Penelope home. I packed her blankets, bed, food and toys and she followed me up to the car.. which lucky enough tired her out and she slept the whole way home. After a little meeting with Bobby and Millie, Penelope fitted right in and made her self at home. Penelope didn't make strange at all which is a great thing about her age, although she had some trouble with the stairs.. okay going up, going down = big problem. I really love this little girl and am so lucky to be able to help her on the start of her journey to a long life.
Penelope is of course an adorable little pup, but pup she is. Shes constantly chewing everything, including feet, and she obviously isn't toilet trained yet but I can't help but love her as she is only a little baby really.

We brought Penelope out to the farm for a stroll (okay I eneded up carrying her as she got tired) and she absoutly loved it, lots of new smells and loads of space to roam, althought she never goes far from my feet.

I also brought Penelope with me when I went volunteering to the centre for the day as they said it would give both of us a break to chill and be back in surroundings we were familular with. Penny absoutly loved her day relaxing with a lovely lurcher dog and was waited on hand and foot.

Shes had quite the adventure for a little pup in just a few days.. shes been all around the village (with EVERYONE admiring her) and shes been into town  (and again everyone admiring her), her first bubble bath and also she had a handmade little jumper made for her by me out of an old pair of pajamma bottoms.


















Penelope was with me from the 14th of April till the 1st of May and she certainly made her self at home. By the end of it her and Bobby were two best friends and the best moments had to be when I walked them and Penelope would take Bobbys lead in her mouth and the two of them would set of walking together.


I had Penny with me in work one day when a lovely couple came in looking for a cats. By sheer luck I brought Pen with me down to show them the cats and from the moment they seen her they fell in love and boy did she love them two. They were the nicest people ever and I spent a good hour and a half with them and couldn't be more delighted they were taking Pen because I knew for sure she was going to be so looked after and spoilt rotten.




It was of course a little emotional saying goodbye but the lovely couple are going to bring her back to see me as she gets bigger. Luckily enough I got an adorable pink collar and lovely chew toy for Pen and she got to bring these with her.
All I can say now is, I know where ever Penelope is now she is happy and going to have a happy life
                                                                                 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment