Monday 13 April 2015

Insurgent, Snow White & Home Movie Reviews

Insurgent


As with Divergent I came home doing karate chops and not waiting to be anything but in Dauntless or a Divergent. I absolute love that the main hero is a girl and can I just say Tris is BADASS. Shailene is an amazing actress (simply by going from acting with your brother to being in love with him (TFIOS) to him being your brother again). If I thought the Divergent series couldn't get any better.. I was wrong, the fact that Insurgent was in 3D was a whole new level of awesomeness, and there wasn't a single moment when you could relax and breathe, constantly there was always a new turn of events and things you never thought could happen. If your a fan of Divergent obvs your already planning on seeing Insurgent, but if this is all new to you, give it a chance.. you will be blown away.




Snow White and The Huntsman. 


Now this aint no Snow White you remember from your Princess days, this is a dark twist on the pretty black haired, paled skin girl. It's the same story, Snow's father falls for the witch who kills him and locks her up because shes the 'fairest of them all'. This take however makes the witch, if it's even possible, more evil and scary than back in the fairy tale versions. It's a complete dark twist on the tale and for things as simple as the forest, they have made them a whole lot more evil. So really before you watch this you must get it out of your head that its a nice fairy tale and all will be happy ever after.. because this has Charlize Theron as the evil Queen and she is harsh to say the least.







Home 

This was simple Brilliant. From the moment I seen the trailer with Oh saying 'I am putting my hands in the air like I just do not care' I was hooked. There wasn't a moment where I wasn't giggling at the Boovs quirkiness and their 'interesting' way of talking, and the cat called Pig.  Jim Parsons aka Sheldon Copper was cast perfectly to play Oh and I kept finding myself thinking 'that is such a Sheldon thing to say'. I can say I have never had such a laugh at the
movies before but this changed all that as I ended up in tears of laughter by the end. Got to be another favorite animation movie, Dreamworks you've done it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment